ELT'oSpHere

Aslı Saglam's Blog about CPD in ELT

10 Things One Should Know about Blogging!

January13

1. Blogging process is a communicative process which includes reading other people’s blog posts, interacting and commenting on other people’s blog posts and writing posts in response to other bloggers’ posts.
  2. Blogging brings about ‘Groupthink’ and creates a synergy when other people respond, comment, suggest, ask questions, and answer questions. Blogs link to other blogs, creating a network of people who follow each other’s postings through RSS feeds.
  3. You can use any free blogging platform you would like including Edublogs, WordPress, Blogger and TypePad.
  4. Blogging challenges you and brings about the fighter who gradually turns you into a tech-sawy person in you. Will you give up when you encounter a technological challenge? (say,when you cannot find your dashboard).
  5. Have I mentioned professional and self-improvement?
  6. There are spinoffs of blogging such as providing opportunities to learn about other web 2.0 tools. For instance watch this post becoming a word cloud in a moment..
  7. It is very entertaining.
  8. There are now many examples of blogs being used in education (edublogs) in forms of ‘The Tutor blog’, ‘the Learner blog’, and the ‘Class blog’ and they offer a great potential in extending the borders of the classroom.
  9. Blogging can make you organise your thoughts and get your voice heard.

10.  Blogging brings about and mirrors the life-long learner in you.

3 Comments to

“10 Things One Should Know about Blogging!”

1. January 28th, 2011 at 10:08 am       Anne Mirtschin Says:

Asli, you have given us some wonderful reasons to blog and I just love your last reason:- it brings about and mirrors the life long learner in you. Thank you so much for sharing these ‘pearls’. How is blogging looked upon where you live? Is there an uptake, is there resistance or ready acceptance? Personally, I think that blogging is a necessity in 21st century education.

2. January 28th, 2011 at 2:04 pm       aslisaglam Says:

Hi there Anne, I think here in Turkey we are living through a transitionary period towards bleded learning and making use of Web 2.0 tools. I think that using information technology is becoming a popular practice day by day but I don’t think that there is a ready acceptance. I agree with you that blogging is a necessity in the infortaion age and being tech-sawy is an essential skill.

3. January 30th, 2011 at 6:01 am       Kristie Says:

Good luck on your Teacher Challenge. I enjoyed reading your 10 reasons. I, too, liked no. 10. I will need to use that when talking about wanting life long learners. It needs to include the 2.0 World.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Posts of the Week – Visit these blogs – Week 3 | Teacher Challenge

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

subscribe for free

e-mail subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Clustr Maps

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
new TWTR.Widget({ version: 2, type: 'profile', rpp: 4, interval: 30000, width: 250, height: 300, theme: { shell: { background: '#333333', color: '#ffffff' }, tweets: { background: '#000000', color: '#ffffff', links: '#4aed05' } }, features: { scrollbar: false, loop: false, live: false, behavior: 'all' } }).render().setUser('aslilidice').start();

Twitter Feed

!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+"://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");

The EduBlog Awards 2014 Finalist

The EduBlog Awards 2014 Finalist

iMoot15_Attendee

iMoot15_Attendee

GEC 2014 Presenter

GEC 2014 Presenter

Skip to toolbar