ELT'oSpHere

Aslı Saglam's Blog about CPD in ELT

a never ending teacher burden: reflection!!

February19

interviewreflecting on completion of blogging challenge

I did it! O.K, I may have done the 30 days training program in 45 days or more…. but the bottom line is I was able to participate in all activities (even the Tweeter 101 despite the fact that I was totally technophobic about Tweeter!!). After a hard & challenging & motivating & super fun on-line professional training event  “Kick Start Your Blogging”, that is offered by Teacher Challenge I decided to run in circles and come back to the point that I started from; reflection. I decided to re-do one of the earliest activities that was requested as the my jubilee activity in Teacher Challenge. By the way it will also be the brand new beginning because I think I really loved blogging. So, here it comes…

Interview with the Blogster

I would like to interview my newly flourishing blog.

Hello, when did you start posting and who is the person behind you?

Hi there. I was active as of the day my author decided to take part in Teacher Challenge. She is an English language teacher who is very much into technology. She is a digital immigrant but she is learning. She was afraid at the beginning. She couldn’t even find the dashboard of her blog in her attempt to publish the very first post, but the teacher community out there is amazing! And other bloggers helped us a lot. Many thanks go to them… I may not be the best blog but I am growing each day.

What did your writer learn about blogging so far?

She learned about heart of blogging; revising & evaluating your posts and reviewing & reflecting on other bloggers’ posts and your comments, which is phased as “blogging cycle”. Writing post titles was another learning point. What else… Let me think;

She also learned about importance of writing engaging posts by making use of variety of tools that could be used for embedding media

Do you think teachers have embraced using technology and blogging in your country?

Well, I think that my country is in a transition period towards technology blended teaching learning environment. Some schools have language labs, wireless internet in campus, smart boards and some schools work with course management systems like Mooddle and Sakai. But some other schools do not have such facilities due to a variety of reasons. However I believe that the “people” factor lead to some very good examples of technology in teaching practice. For instance check out the project of Kızılhisar Primary School in Malatya in cooperation with Bergen Community College in New Jersey . Also check out these class blogs that are created by Aslı’s friends. Check out Aslı’s podcast page that she created with her learners. So using technology in education is on the rise and hopefully will be more widespread.

Why did Aslı join Teacher Challenge “Kickstart Your Blog”?

She hopes to take the plunge into blogging and improve herself. She also wants to get involved and connected with other teachers to share knowledge, reflections and creativity. She learns a lot from others.

Thanks.

by posted under Uncategorized | 4 Comments »    
4 Comments to

“a never ending teacher burden: reflection!!”

1. February 20th, 2011 at 4:45 am       kshay Says:

Great Interview. For an a digital immigrant, you are certainly showing how to be an active and engaged digital citizen.

2. February 20th, 2011 at 6:15 pm       aslisaglam Says:

Hello, thanks a lot for your encouraging comments 🙂

3. February 21st, 2011 at 1:23 pm       ardane Says:

As another digital immigrant, I am learning many new things with every single posts. I am looking forward to reading your following posts.

4. February 27th, 2011 at 4:31 am       arisdon Says:

It is a great idea to reflect on your learning process as a teacher. I know that I encourage students to do this with their own learning and often feel that as teachers, we forget just how powerful this can be for our learning process. Congratulations on finishing the Teacher Challenge!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Blog with students – Visit these Week 2 | Teacher Challenge

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

subscribe for free

e-mail subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Clustr Maps

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
new TWTR.Widget({ version: 2, type: 'profile', rpp: 4, interval: 30000, width: 250, height: 300, theme: { shell: { background: '#333333', color: '#ffffff' }, tweets: { background: '#000000', color: '#ffffff', links: '#4aed05' } }, features: { scrollbar: false, loop: false, live: false, behavior: 'all' } }).render().setUser('aslilidice').start();

Twitter Feed

!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+"://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");

The EduBlog Awards 2014 Finalist

The EduBlog Awards 2014 Finalist

iMoot15_Attendee

iMoot15_Attendee

GEC 2014 Presenter

GEC 2014 Presenter

Skip to toolbar